Thursday, February 23, 2012

graffiti with punctuation

Have you seen Contagion? If you have, you'll recognize that my title is about my blog in its entirety :) but it also happens to apply to the subject. Don't worry, I'm not some a super Contagion fan (it was good, intense, scary, a thinker, etc), we just watched it last night.
Anyway, I live  right across the street from a double train track. I can see it from my bedroom window. For a while I thought it was creepy, especially the open box cars, but over time I started to really like it--and really like train graffiti. A few days ago there was a particularly spectacular train full of old box cars sitting outside when I got home, so Rhett and I took a walk and I took pictures of my favorites.
**Disclaimer: Some of these are very hard to read, and all of them mean absolutely nothing to me personally. They are just images and not meant to represent anything else.
Rhett and I just finished the first season of Dexter, so I thought this was appropriate.
Of course I snapped a few pictures of my gorilla juice head in this art gallery of sorts.
:)


In completely unrelated news, I made these skinny chocolate chip buttermilk scones yesterday and they are delicious. Not too sweet, so they are perfect for breakfast with a glass of milk or coffee. YUM
Speaking of coffee, my tassimo was included in the recall and I STILL haven't received the new part!! Is anyone else having this problem?? I continued to make coffee after I submitted it in the recall until is spewed hot water and coffee grounds all over me AGAIN last week. Pretty sure my eyes have looked like this lately...



So as not to leave you on such a negative note, here is my sweet one-year-old napping on the ottoman. (if you look closely, you can see he woke up right as I was taking the picture:)

...and this beautiful sunset over Texas :)


Happy Thursday!









No comments:

Post a Comment