Monday, March 7, 2011

so fresh and so clean, clean

The Masterpiece Conference this weekend was amazing. Donna Stuart did a great job and the women she got to lead the "breakout sessions" were equally awesome. 
I spent most of Sunday lounging and feeding my addiction to HGTV. I typically gravitate to interior remodel stuff, but I watched the episode of The Outdoor Room where Jamie Durie does his own house. It was over-the-top fantastic and got me thinking about outdoor showers. My grandparents have one at their house and I remember as a kid showering there after getting out of the pool and thinking it was sooo cool. We have one at our family property, but it doesn't have any privacy whatsoever, so it's considered the "boys shower." Here are some of my favorite outdoor shower/bath ideas:
[image]

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]


I love the wood ones and, of course, the bath tub. All this outdoor shower talk reminds me of a time on field camp when the professor gave the girls directions to a "bathing pool" just down the road [this was after approximately day 5 of no showers]. We took the van and, much to our dismay, the "bathing pool" was a horse trough/water plant sanctuary. We dunked our heads in anyway. Desperate times. 


PS- As I typed the title of this post, the word 'clean' looked very strange to me. Does that ever happen to you? It's odd. 





No comments:

Post a Comment