Tuesday, May 17, 2011

a year’s time

Around this time one year ago, I was fixing to start my first year as a geology intern in Houston. I was so excited, but also very nervous. Turns out, I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I made awesome friends, learned more than my last two years of undergrad combined, gained confidence in myself and a new love/appreciation for geology.

IMG_1162

Did I mention that our company team won the Energy sand volleyball league? Best. Summer. Ever.

Around this time two years ago, I was packing my camping gear for the adventure of a lifetime—field camp. In order to get a BS in Geology, you have to go on a 6 week camping trip around the Western US (NM, UT, CO, TX…). It was mentally and physically exhausting. At one point we went a week without showers, and we spent every night sleeping on the ground in a tent. Believe it or not, I still consider some of my best nights sleeps to have been on field camp. I had a blast with my best friends and my (now) boyfriend. We all left feeling accomplished and confident. Second. Best. Summer. Ever.

IMG_0950

IMG_0877

IMG_0829

Field camp ‘11 started today. Best of luck, guys! Hang in there!

It’s amazing what can happen in a year’s time. If everything goes as planned, 1 year from now-ish my life will be changing drastically as I leave school behind after 18 solid years. Oh ya.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment