Tuesday, February 22, 2011

who's your daddy?

My mom and I love the show Brothers & Sisters on ABC. We've been watching/comparing our lives and family to this show for years [my mom is obviously Nora and I am Kitty]. Rhett, on the other hand, hates this show [but loves to make fun of it] and especially hates these two characters. The episode this week prompted a long discussion of who the members of our families are in tv/movies. Check out our comparisons. I think we did a pretty good job.

It was very hard to pick one for my dad, so I picked two. He is a mixture of Steve Martin in Father of the Bride and Liam Neeson in Taken. I liked Steve Martin because he is a great dad and has a fun relationship with his wife. Liam Neeson is also a great dad and will open a can if a seriously bad situation arises [totally hypothetical]. 
My mom, as I said earlier, is Sally Field in Brothers & Sisters. She is an awesome mom, super involved and can send out a mass text like no one's business :) If something is going on, you can count on her to let everyone know [and if you don't want the world to know, you must state it upfront for the best odds]. Plus she's a good cook which is one of Nora's claims to fame!
My brother is Jesse Eisenberg in The Social Network. He's smart, sarcastic, and he even kinda looks like him! He will also beat you at any debate even if you went in totally confident of your side. He's not, however, disconnected and mean spirited [for the most part]. These things aren't perfect, you know. 
Rhett chose mine as Jennifer Aniston in The Break-up. In his words--he meets her at a Cubs game [Rhett's a HUGE Cubs fan] and she likes decorating...and she's nice but hardheaded. I'm definitely taking this as a compliment!
I chose Rhett as Vince Vaughn in Four Christmases. I love Vince Vaughn and Rhett has that same big funny guy whose also cuddly and sweet persona. Really any Vince Vaughn character would have worked [maybe Couples Retreat would have been a better pick??], but I like this movie much better, and it's my choice. Also, you should know that I get this face ALL THE TIME. I can just hear him saying "babe, that made no sense."
Rhett chose his dad as Ed O'Neill on Modern Family. This is one of our favorite shows and Jay is one of the best characters [really, they're all great]. He's hilarious and endearing at the same time. In his words--you can find him on the golf course. 
He chose his mom as Jane Kaczmarek in Malcolm in the Middle. I personally have never seen an episode of this show, but I'll take his word for it. In his words--she's funny and is always doing housework. She is also a self proclaimed Lois, so I'd say it's a match.
Rhett chose his sister as Ariel Winter in Modern Family [can you tell we love this show?]. Brennan was a really hard one to chose, and Alex is a little young, but she is smart, sarcastic, and funny. In his words--she draws well, plays an instrument, she's smart and sarcastic. Plus she likes hats!

So that pretty much wraps up our families. We had a lot of fun figuring out each person. Who are your family members on TV? It's harder to choose than you might think! 
Tonight we went to the Aggie baseball game and had so much fun. Tomorrow it's basketball time! BTHO OU!
Sorry for the lack of blogging lately. I didn't have internet this weekend, and I've been trying to kick a head cold for the past few days. I have a really exciting project to do this weekend--details to come next week!





No comments:

Post a Comment