Monday, February 7, 2011

you win some, you lose some.

Just ask the Steelers. 
I just got done with a very long battle with Adobe Illustrator. In the first half, AI was killing me, but with a little help from the coach (thanks Dr. Raymond!), I was able to pull out the W in the end. Though it leaves my eyes wondering, why are we still looking at a computer screen??
For our superbowl party I made 2 items. The first is these pepermint patties as seen on Flythroughourwindow. Darby has the cutest ideas, and I basically did exactly what she says on her blog [heart shape, pink center, freezing before dipping in chocolate]. My shortening was sidelined [literally sitting on the side and just never made it into the mixer], but the recipe still worked pretty well. This definitely earns a W. 
The second item I made was edamame hummus. I love edamame, olive oil, and garlic so it sounds like a perfect [and healthy] choice. I even exchanged parsley for basil [love] and coriander for chipotle chili powder [love] and I still did not like this dip. I guess I'm not a hummus person. Several people at the party said they liked it AND it has a 5 star rating on the food network website, but for me, it gets an L. 
Don't take my word for it! Give it a try. Maybe you'll love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment