Sunday, January 29, 2012

painted churches

I'm back from an excellent and relaxing weekend, part of which, I'll share with you now! I missed yesterday's photo challenge which is light. 
Kittens and I packed up on Friday and headed towards La Grange, TX to chill with my parents. Banks made the car ride a nightmare (in which he actually escaped from his carrier). If you would have stopped on the side of the road to see if I needed assistance while I was shuffling cats that afternoon, I may have offered him to you free of charge in appreciation for your concern, or as a parting gift, or as an early Valentine's Day present...anyway. Banks is still part of the family, and if I would have given him to you on that day, I would probably be frantically searching the road for your car right now, hoping to get him back. (That was quite a digression. You may have guessed that Banks was also a monster on the drive home today which is possibly why I am still talking about it.)

Anyway, on Saturday, we plugged the painted churches into our GPS and hit the road to find them all. If you're in the area, you should check them out. They're old but well kept and beautiful. Most of the wall murals are painted by hand as was the tradition in the late 1800s to early 1900s when these churches were built. As far as we could tell, most of them still have service on Sunday! Enough talk, I'll share some pictures from our afternoon. You'll notice how beautifully stained glass lets in the light.
 Can you believe how beautiful all the painting are?? Don't you love the stained glass??

After looking at these pictures on my computer, I'm noticing that most of them are slightly (or horribly) lopsided. Sigh. Maybe a tripod is in my near future.


I will be back later with today's photo challenge and a recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment